The production team must be watchful and ensure that the production activity is progressing as per the schedule. Focused supervision and control of various intermediate processes is required for efficient production of goods and services. It must check and control the following:
• Ensure the right quality at every level of production process.
• Check the quality of each product as per the standard adopted and take or suggest a corrective action.
• Record all inventory related transactions.
• Estimate demand for stocks in different uses and at different times.
• Issue production or procurement orders.
• Collect cost data regularly and monitor each cost.
• Material cost should be measured by measuring the material consumption, wastage, dead inventory etc.
• Manpower cost should be measured by efficiency, productivity, quality of output etc.
• Machine cost should be measured by throughput, breakdowns, idle time etc.
• Take or suggest remedial measures for maintaining desired cost levels, if needed.
• Ensure adherence to the SOPs.
• Compare progress with the schedule.
• Correct process deviations by communication and training, if required.
• Suggest changes in the processes, as needed.
(Expert advice to GROW your business wherever you are, whenever you want.