What is the best life or business advice you have received and from whom?
I learnt following lesson from my client Late Mr. Sukhram .T. Methani (age 70 years) of Catlerock Fisheries Ltd– Mumbai (A top marine exporting company in india)
“As HEAD of the business, our job is to think. Same as the head of a human body. Our limbs (team) have to work as per the direction of the head. This is the law of nature. The head never works and the limbs never think. So don’t get involved in routine work after the directions are given, THINK FOR THE NEXT ACTION. This will lead to progress.”
Which are your favorite books? What are your learnings from them?
My Favorite books.
a) “Secrets Of The Millionaire Mind” by T. Harv Eker
Learning. “The way we operate in one area of life, same way we operate in all the area of life.” i.e. we operate from the past mind programming in our childhood. It forms the blueprint of our life. If we change consciously our blue print (childhood mind programming), we can design our life now onwards. So keep learning.
b) “Silva Mind Control Method” by Jose Silva
Learning – “Your subconscious mind is your best Friend & guide. If you get connected with it on daily basis thru Alpha meditation, it will gift you with whatever you want & help you find solutions to any problem you face in life. But only Positive aspects of life.”
c) “Business Management Simplified” by Sanjay Shah
Learning – From Marketing chapter – It is very important to choose the Right Target Customer Segment, who can buy our product /services. Without defining clear target customer, all marketing efforts will remain ineffective, resulting in huge, waste of Time, money & energy. Every customer buys our products only based on his own personality, his own need, his own perceptions and his own created image about our products irrespective of the features, quality we are promoting.”
Any life or business lessons learned from a movie?
I am not being movie buff , Not able to relate.
How do you update yourself? How do you learn new things?
I am always a learner. I attend business seminars & life skill seminars. Read self development books. Learn from others experiences by observing them, discussing with them.
What are some lessons you have learned from your life experience?
Whether in business Or in Life, we always interact with other human beings. So always have human approach while dealing with them.
- All human beings want to be associated with trustworthy, honest, and transparent. Straight forward & person with integrity. So be like that.
What is your advice to the younger entrepreneurs/businesspersons/professionals?
a) After graduation OR education DON’T JUMP INTO BUSINESS.
It is like driving the car without training and then bang into accidents.
-Better take up a job for minimum 3 years. Because our education system does not prepare you for business. The degree is only a gate pass to enter the practical world.
-By working, you will gather experience, make new friends, earn money & will learn the practical tricks of trade at employee’s expense. Otherwise you will pay a huge price for having the same learnings.
b) Don’t reinvent the wheel. You don’t have to go thru the same struggle.
To progress, learn from other’s mistakes. Learn from already experienced people. Attend educative seminars.
c) Very Important success formula – after getting the employment For 3 years, whatever you earn as salary, spend only 10 % on your personal needs. Balance all the money invest into a BANK F.D., Recurring deposit, OR Liquid Funds which fetches maximum interest for 3 years on cumulative basis.
– Benefits – At the end of 3 years you will have a good corpus of capital to start a business. So no need to take a loan & create liability.
– Start with only pay by use rental facilities like table space, job working, out sourcing, getting the products Or service on a credit & sell it in cash. In the beginning selling the products on commission basis. So you don’t need a big working capital, but will gain experience.
– By the three years you should develop contacts, networking with colleagues.
– By three years you will also know for yourself, whether you are still having urge to do business OR you are happy doing the job. This clarity of thought is very important.
d) In business or in life, the basis of relationship is GOOD FAITH & TRUST. Trust is developed by TRANSPARENCY. Transparency is developed by TRUTH. So NEVER LIE to opposite person for a petty personal instant gain.
How do you motivate yourself?
By being optimistic & positive for future. I believe every day is a new day with new opportunities.
– I try to AVOID CONSCIOUSLY NEGATIVE PEOPLE & NEGATIVE ENVIRONMENT AROUND.
– Be with inspiring people.
– Read inspiring books, articles, listen to inspiring talks by experts.
How do you balance work and family life?
I keep my family as my top priority. Because what we are doing is firstly for the well being of our family who is dependent on us.
I keep my mobile phone ON only from 8.30 am to 9.pm. Every phone will have this automatic setting.
I avoid to take business inquiry call OR meeting after before 9 am & after 7 pm.
We have family Dinner together, unless some events.
I don’t take my family for granted. I see that my wife gets a break from her routine house chorus.
I discuss everything with my family. So there is a good bond & understanding among the family members.
What do you do to take care of your physical health?
Nothing really, but will start walking & yoga class.
What do you do to take care of your mental health?
Keep my mood happy. Being humorous & always look at positive aspects of everything.
- I want to start meditation.
A brief description about yourself and your company:
ME: I am a happy , humorous & energetic person.
- I like to share my knowledge & experience to contribute in the life of people.
- I am adventurous person. I like to try new experiences.
- I am creative person, like to think out of the box.
My company: My company ARPAN ASSOCIATES is involved in two verticals.
- Industrial Conveyors & machines – To help solve material handling problems inindustry. We manufacture different types of conveyors.
- Children Playground equipments.- We manufacture slides , swings and other recreational products for the builders,societies, resorts etc.